Wednesday 18 March 2009

I got Mail !

Well, Wednesdays are always a challenge for me, with it being like Mondays, as in my first day at work, it's sometimes hard to let go of the weekend (especially as I am so lucky to have extended ones - yeay!). And I had got on so well with my quilting, having finally got back in the zone. More on that in a bit.

It was wonderful to come home to a package in the mail. Now I had been expecting this, but 5 days from the States is a record for me. Thanks Suzanne! As you can see, great book by Suzanne Earley, that's now got me even more fired up than I was before, and some gorgeous Empress Woo fabric. Its so pretty, it may well feature with my recent purchases. But, then again, it may be used for something completely different, I am still to decide.


So, as I said, I got back into my quilting zone over the weekend, I've been having a real mental block finding the time and enthusiasm to go and just quilt. In fact I've had this quilt on the frame since before Christmas. Now that's bad! I'm pleased to say that I've only got the final row of blocks and border to go and it will be done! At last I hear some of you say. About bloomin' time too! Hopefully, this weekend I can finish it and get it off the frame ready for binding. And it may even be ready for someone's birthday! The plan is to then quilt a couple of my older tops before I tackle a newer one. But which one? I have done so many recently. That decision is for another day. I have been trying to quilt older/oldest tops in between new ones since I got my frame. I find its a great way to feel like I'm reducing the pile but still achieving new things too.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love the turqoise and chocolate top!

Tracey said...

I brought Suzannes book a couple of years back - she amazing. I just love her approach to the big meander and then tackling the feathers either side of it. I have used her technique a lot and really like it. Makes for a very impressive looking quilt. She has another book out too now I believe but I haven't got that one yet.

My advice on the quilting list ... pick one you really like and start with that first.

Trudi said...

I'm Loving it! Its so liberating!