Wednesday 7 October 2009

Blocks, blocks and more blocks!

Every where blocks! Well, I thought I better show you what I've been doing over the last couple of weeks. I saw a great quilt over on Crazy Moms blog. So good, I knew that the pile of Amy Butler fabrics I've been hording would be great for it, and I always have a good stash of white on white fabrics. So after asking Crazy Mom for permission to do my own version of her design, these are my blocks so far. 80 Blocks.


Once again, I'm at that stage where laying out is a problem, but thanks to several suggestions by my facebook friends I'm working on a plan.

Whilst I was cutting the strips and squares from the 38 different fabrics, I cut an extra 2 1/2" strip of each. They look great bundled up as a roll don't you think. Well, my friend Jean has been wonderful to me whilst I've been recovering, so this little baby has made its way to her stash as a very big thank you. Thanks Jean :-)
Remember that Arcadia Layer cake I got, well, these are the blocks, all 42 of them! They went together really quickly, and though these two sets of blocks are pretty much the same in construction, it's fascinating to see how different the resulting quilts will be.

Isn't it always awesome how two people can make the same quilt, but fabric choices make them so very different. I'm often in awe of the wonder design and personality has on this obsessive craft!

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Lis Harwood said...

Love those Amy Butler fabrics

RosaMarĂ­a said...

great blocks! i love the arcadia fabrics!!!

Greg said...

You've been busy. Very nice looking blocks.

Jodie B-C said...

Those are all my favorite fabrics! I should keep looking at this post to inspire me to finish my quilt w/ Amy Butler prints!!!