Sunday 6 December 2009

False start

So yesterday I got the lone star quilt loaded onto my frame, I got the borders done, and started in the corner there. And then I stopped! I really didn't like what I'd done, so me and my trusty seam ripper embarked on a little reverse quilting!

Today, I finally got the final stitches out, and could start, again, on the lone star.

Empress Woo is sneaking in the pic there too!

As you know, I have a bit of an evasive approach to this quilt. Today I managed a good third of the way on the quilting. However, I got a little tired and decided that was it for the day. Needless to say, there is a little more reverse quilting to be done. I'm just not happy with tired quilting :(




7 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it looks great!

sweetypie said...

it looks fine to me,. like the backing too. no gardening then?

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

looks good Trudi. Keep trudging onwards! How do you do that on a frame... I thought you didn't have a long arm... I think I need to learn a few things...

Greg said...

Very nice work. You should be proud of your work.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It looks good to me.

QuiltSue said...

Sometimes I think we're too hard on ourselves. I bet your mum will love it just cos you made it.

Hand Quilting Nana said...

Trudi, OMG, oh my gosh!!!! I received my PIF today and I was absolutely floored. I have a new laptop and I am having trouble getting email to work and I want to take a picture for my blog but this is the fastest way to tell you how absolutely beautiful the table runner is. I was having a terrible day and your gift just brightened up my day. And the colors are perfect. Exactly the fabric I would pick out. I have all greens, reds and pinks in my house. My son said he couldn't believe someone sent me such a beautiful gift and so fabulously quilted. You are so talented. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Linda