Sunday 10 January 2010

A bit of this and a bit of that...

Today I finished of piecing my Block Lotto blocks for January. I'm pretty pleased with them. I particularly like the lime green and the thinner sticks.
And thanks to Angela, I did a little (well quite a lot actually) of this....
Snow dyeing...


It was great fun. I left this outside for the day, and as it barely got above freezing I moved it into the garage overnight. This morning it was still pretty snow covered, though the dye had worked its way down pretty much. So I moved it inside onto the draining board. (unfortunately I don't have a utility so we had to work around it )
The fabric has all been rinsed, washed and ironed now, but as it's late I'll get some pictures in the morning and post the results. I'm really quite pleased :)


8 comments:

Rhonda said...

Those lotto blocks look super. I love all the possibilities of placement. And the snow dying, that is very interesting. What are your plans for the dyed fabrics?

Kim Brackett said...

I love your Block Lotto blocks -- very cool! And I'm anxious to see what your fabric looks like!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your Lotto Blocks are super. I wish I had some dye, I would try that dye job. Looks interesting.

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Love the lotto blocks. Dyeing looks great so far. I will reveal my snow dyeing later today as well. Must be the only person in my family to be upset that we didn't have any more snow as I had more plans for dyeing!

QuiltSue said...

Your lotto blocks look great. The snow dyeing sounds interesting and I'll look forward to seeing your "new" fabrics.

Tracey said...

I am NOT going to reveal my snow dyeing ... looked like a dogs dinner BUT it was huge fun. Like the lotto blocks.

shellysquilts said...

Your blocks are cute! Your snow dyeing looks interesting but messy. It will be interesting to see your final result. Fun stuff! Happy quilting!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

What a fantastic glorious mess! can't wait to see what became of it! ;-) Looks like a lot of fun!