Wednesday 26 May 2010

Race for Life

I was priviledged to take part in the Race for Life raising money for Cancer Research on Sunday.  The Teenage Diva also took part.  5 Kilometers later (just over 3 miles) we had a photo taken ...


It was 28 degrees C and walking around the airfield of the RAF base close to us, which meant that it was even hotter!  Neeless to say I'm pretty crispy now!  And also proud of the personal achievement, this is the fartherst I've been since my surgery last year, and I admit I had my doubts. 

Thanks go everyone that sponsored me, especially to Lis and Joanne that took the time to go on line to do the sponsorship. 

Congratulation also to all the other 3499 ladies who took part, especially to my colleagues Donna and Amanda who complete 10 Km in the scorthcing heat.  And Debbie who was accompanied by Sophie (age 5)!

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi trudi, nice blog & good post. You have beautifully maintained it, you must try this website which really helps to increase your traffic. hope u have a wonderful day & awaiting for more new post. Keep Blogging!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Fabulous! congrats Trudi on your adventure! have a super day!

Lis Harwood said...

That was obviously an "after" photo as you have your medals - you both look remarkably bright and cheerful for having just walked 5km in that heat, I think I would have looked a lot redder and more k.......d!! Congratulations, will you do it again next year?

Tracey said...

Well done Trudi and Teenage Diva! Quite some achievement in heat or no heat! Hope you aren't too sore this week.

Gisela said...

Very proud of you Trudi, especially after your surgery. We have several cancer walks/runs accross Canada & especially in Toronto. I walked twice in a 60km walk for Breast Cancer several years ago. Feels amazing though no matter how long or short the walk is :) You go girl !

Julie said...

I'm a bit late but congratulations!! Well done you and Teenage Diva!! :o)

Kim said...

What a great way to spend time together doing a fun raiser for cancer! by the way the cancer society does wonderful things like pay for surgery. My daughter has just had a lumpectomy and has no health insurance.......yes the cancer society paid! Bless you and your efforts.

( Trudi, I'm waiting to see your fabric portrait on Bumblebeans :0)...)

Happy Sewing