Thursday 19 August 2010

Snippets from FoQs

It's been a full and busy day, starting off with a workshop with Philippa Naylor on machine quilting.  Oh boy what an opportunity!  Loved every minute of it, and the lasting memory will be the immortal words of Queen  "Don't stop me now, I'm having such a good time, I'm having a ball!"


This is her award winning quilt from last year!  Stunning, and what a joy to be up close and personal with it and the lovely lady herself!


Just a little idea of her talents

I really hate having my pic taken, but we had such a great morning  :)


I looked at the quilts from the Contemporary Group of the Quilters Guild, and I was thrilled to see this beauty in all its glory.  By me dear friend Sweetiepie!

And other good news...

3rd place for Luke Daymond in the Children's themed competition!  Well done Luke (age 12) who pieced, and machine quilted this amazing quilt all on his own, from inception to completion!  He's attending the Gala Dinner tonight to collect his prize!

Well, that's it, it's way past my bed time and I'm heading out there again tomorrow for more punishment! 

I promise to have more quilt pictures too!

Happy quilting!

3 comments:

QuiltSue said...

Philippa is great and I love the fact that she encourages you to touch any of her quilts.

The quilt from a 12 year old is amazing. When I grow up, do you think I'll be able to do anything half as good as that?

Angela said...

It was great to meet you Trudi - we must do it again next year ;o) x

Sue Wild said...

Good to see your post on Festival of Quilts and that you enjoyed the lesson with Phillipa. She is a really enthusiastic teacher.