Sunday 19 September 2010

Sunday!

It started on Saturday morning, when this little beauty arrived in the mail!  Thank you Kim, I'm so loving reading this and have ideas swimming round my head already!  LOL  Watch out for the story of the giant pumpkin!


The Teenage Diva and I headed into town for a bit of girly shopping (ok, school coat isn't exciting, but necessary) what a giggle we had!

Whilst we were there we saw one of those mobile stands selling cupcakes for an enormous amount of money. 

Cue these ...


... and a few paper muffin cases ...


vanilla, strawberry and some chocolate (that didn't make it into this pic)..



Torture I tell ya!  (I'm on a diet!)  LOL

Remind you of anyone?

We did giggle!

I did a little sewing too...

I'm still trying to decide which colour to use for the inner border.  Any ideas?

And whilst I was sewing all those bricks together, I continued piecing a quilt I cut out for leaders and enders ...

I've got all 20 bocks ready to lay out and turn into a quilt top! 

I did a little bit more, but haven't loaded the pics up onto the laptop yet, so ...

... to be continued!

Happy Quilting!

3 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

I'm so glad the book arrived. I can't wait to see the story you tell with fabric.

The cupcakes look delicious. You must have a lot of willpower to resist them.

I'm really loving your ORBC quilt. I'm so terribly behind with mine, but I'm determined to finish it.

QuiltSue said...

Your quilt looks lovely, but I can't decide what colour borders I'd use either. Not like me- I've usually got an opinion on everything, I know.

The cupcakes look lovely, but what happened to the chocolate ones I ask?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Yum... now I'm craving cupcakes. I just love that quilt pictured, it's gorgeous.