Wednesday 1 December 2010

Walking in a Winter Wonderland!

OK, so it was pretty on Sunday, however, it was not fun I can tell you trying to get home from the hospital yesterday afternoon.  2 hours to go a matter of 6 miles, a journey than should only take 20 minutes around the bypass!  I'm just glad it was pretty much all downhill, as the bypass became blocked by cars and lorries that could not make it up the hill.  The city was pretty much gridlocked to a standstill.   And they say Lincolnshire is FLAT!  Shame the cathedral is on top of a humongous hill with the city built around it.

It snowed, and it snowed and it snowed some more!  A great evening to go for a walk!

This was the park early afternoon before we ventured out to the hospital.







And this morning we awoke to this ...





The neighbourhood is looking particularly festive don't ya think?

No sewing pics, I've been concentrating on my C&G, but I may sneak a few more Arrowhead blocks later today.  We've had flurries of more snow on and off all morning, sounds like the perfect excuse to stay in to me!  The Teenage Diva is on another snow day, and is off out with the sledge!

Happy Quilting!




6 comments:

Fenland Textile Studio said...

Love the wallpaper. My snow all melting. Courses cancelled for Thursday and Friday so maybe some C&G will get done. Love the sheds, it will make a great foundation pieced block if it's what you finally decide on.

Char said...

Beautiful pictures of the snow. We haven't had snow yet, but today we had lots of rain.

Greg said...

Now I know where the snow ended up. We only got a few flakes the other day. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

QuiltSue said...

Beautiful pictures.

Lis Harwood said...

Lovely photos, I'm determined to go for a (short) walk today with my camera. There's still no chance of going anywhere by car! More sewing then!!

Caryl @ cinnamon holiday workshop said...

I loved looking at your photos Trudi...thank you so much for sharing them!!