Saturday 29 January 2011

Houston - We Have Lift Off!

Don't you just love a dependable tradesman you trust  :) Yup, the electrician was here at 9 am this morning and now we are all fired up and connected to the mains  :) 



All lit up like a Christmas tree! 

I moved the frame round and also put in my sewing machine.  The low voltage lights work really well I barely needed the daylight lamp I use on my frame. 

I had a rummage in the debris of the old office and found some thread, pins and my machine maintenance kit, and had to have a little play!


This is a table runner I've quilted up for a friend.  I hope she likes it!

Tomorrows task is to buy a new ironing board  :) 

I had visitors today too!  Not only did the electricians wife call for a looky see |(they only live round the corner), but Sweetiepie and Angela from Fenland Textile Studio came over for a catch up too!   Lots of chat and tea drinking, with great exchanges of idea, brilliant!

Happy Quilting! 

12 comments:

Jan said...

Yes thankgoodness for trades men who know what they are doing ,and do it when they say they will ,I hope this doesnt mean you will never be heard of again hee hee ...love Jan xx

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Oh it is so very wonderful. I think I would move a cot out there for myself. How so very nice for you to have that.

Mommarock said...

Sweet beauty! Maybe you can paint some of those pull down shades with pictures of quilts on them :) So pretty! It is a shame that the sun fades quilts.. because this is a vision to be sure!

Barbara said...

What a wonderful space! I'm sure you'll do great things there. Wish I could do something like that but I live in a townhouse (I believe you would call it a terrace house) and the neighborhood covenants don't allow us to have sheds or other structures in the yard (garden).

Joanne said...

What a fantastic quilting space - with all that natural light! Lucky you!♥

Greg said...

You are very lucky...I'll be expecting an official tour should I make it to your neighborhood!!!

Tracey said...

looks great .... and you're quilting already!

QuiltSue said...

Fantastically fabulous is all I can say.

Karen said...

I love your space, I am jealous!

Is your sewing machine on a SewEzi table? I've got one of those on my wish list, is it any good?

Kim said...

Oh my is that space just for YOU?
Love it.......now we'll be expecting bigger and more wonderful creations from you.

congratulations!

Happy sewing

Trudi said...

@ Karen - yes a Sew Ezi table - love it already!

Emma said...

What a great space - you lucky thing. Have booked on Martha's retreat, looking forward to it very much!!