Wednesday 30 November 2011

A mid week finish

If you in that group of peeps that's easily offended by the word, thought, or sight of 'BATIKs'

please look away now, I make no apologies, in fact, I embrace living dangerously  :) 

Finally I got the binding sewn down on my Double Delight quilt, a Bonnie K Hunter mystery quilt ...


made completely out of batiks (on the front)

AND

completely from stash!


on this quilt I tried out the free form baptist feathers, a mixture of baptist fans with feathers, and in true free form quilting, they go in opposite directions in each row of quilting ...





you can see how it plays so well with all the colours in the quilt, remain more about texture, and less obvious in the overall look of the quilt .... lovely


I love this pattern :) 



and I know you always want to see the back ...

Quilt is about 80" x 90", top made in 2008/2009, quilted much earlier this year and now done!
That's a UFO off my list!  and a little dent in the Winter Stitching List!

tomorrow ... November will be done for another year ... sigh


11 comments:

Fiona @ Poppy Makes said...

I love your quilt Trudi especially your quilting. What a great finish. Well done!

dutchcomfort said...

Batiks don’t scare me at all! Love your quilt and the quilting is stunning!

Brenda said...

I don't often work with batiks, but I admire them in other people's quilts. Yours turned out great!

Pat Merkle said...

I love batiks! Your quilt and quilting are fantastic!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

I am not converted, but I can see that this is an amazing quilt, despite my mental block!

Barb said...

Just wonderful....I love this!

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilt Trudi - why do people hate batiks?

Judith, Belfast said...

Batiks are always nicer made up! The quilting is stunning T! Gorgeous! Jxo

Catherine said...

I can't believe its the 1st December tomorrow, so much so I have no advent calendars - oops!
Not a batik fan but your quilts does look rather gorgeous

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

The quilt is beautiful and I love batiks - send it to me ;o)

QuiltSue said...

Your stash must be a sight to behold! A quilt that size, and all from fabric you already had? Woww.

I love the texture that your quilting added and yes, I'm one of those who always wants to see the back too, so thanks for showing it.