Wednesday 25 July 2012

surprise mail ... and a bit more

Well, seems a certain lady has been rather busy ...

I got mail! 


This adorable pinnie arrived on my doorstop, surprising both the Teenage Diva and myself whilst we lounged about in our Jammie's the other morning.

Helen, you know Helen don't you - Archie the Wonder Dog ...
ah, now you know Helen  ... well she sent this, just to say thank you. 
No, thank you Helen, its marvellous, I love it!

My In the Frame Purse is now done, and the wee thingy to go in it is still a work in progress,

... but lets do the 'ta daaaaah' bit shall we ....




I'm really please with how it turned out, I do hope my partner loves it as much as I do!

and of course it hasn't all been work around here, I spent a rather lovely relaxed morning with Di yesterday, that included a little visit to the LQS ...

and what visit would be complete without a little treat or two ...


very modest!

And just so you know I haven't been slacking, I finished off the quilting on this one last night ...


and I'm pleased to say the lady was very happy when she collected it today ...  phew!

And so, I have evidence of more work in progress ...

Festival Challenge quilt ...


well you didn't think I was actually going to show you it did you? 

I've never been so organised, a real life planned and organised quilt ...

and I really do love how it's turned out.  Piecing done, quilting commenced ...

tomorrows jobs :  finish quilting, binding, hanging sleeve, make and add embellishments and label all three!  

Yep, Three quilts heading to festival, the other 2 are already done, sleeved up and just need labels for Fridays jolly to Birmingham...

wish me luck!


12 comments:

Barb said...

That little purse is sooooooooooo adorable!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Love love love the purse!!
Go you!

Di said...

Lovely makes T! It was a relaxing morning too, many thanks. As for never being so organised, well I'm having kittens for you! I hope it is going well and that there have been no hiccups. Di x

Cindy said...

Loving the purse! Adorable!
I'm dying to see these quilts of yours. Come on and give us a peek!

Doris said...

Oh, that pincushion is adorable! I may have to borrow that idea... And your little bag, I could easily add that to my pocketbook.

Deborah said...

I LOVE your purse!!!! And Helen's pincushion is wonderful! Two of the loveliest things I've seen in lately!!!

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, pretty pinnie! And that purse, it's coming here, right? Right?! As for the shopping, that was incredibly restrained for you lol Looking forward to seeing the final festival quilts!

Judith, Belfast said...

Man you're one productive lady! And gardening today too! Love your purse and the gorgeous client quilt. Can't wait to see your festival beauties! Jxo

Lis Harwood said...

Good luck! :-)

Catherine said...

Love Helens pincushion: she has been really busy! Good luck with your quilts, they wiill be fantastic

Nicky said...

Helen has been busy! Love her Union Jacks! Great shopping but I thought you didn't need any more fabric???

Love the tree quilt - would love to make one of those someday! I must get a ticket to the FOQ so I can have a good look at your quilts then!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

That's a very modest fabric purchase from the LQS - were you feeling all right?! I'm so glad you like your pin cushion!
P.S. No chance of a sneak peek of the festival quilt then?