Sunday 3 February 2013

stumped ...

yes, I've been stumped, some may say physically, but in this instance, I confess, creatively...

I do love our Brit Bee ladies, 
sometimes we get stretched ...



and I've been sat contemplating these 2 blocks since November!

but I am please to have them done now

so whilst I was on a roll ...
(well, avoiding real life!)

I moved onto February's blocks ...


Judith has asked for 2 different blocks 



and delightfully all the cutting was done, so the blocks flew together quickly

and as Judith is the queen of using scraps, I felt I needed to use those little corners that were cut off from making the hidden stars block 


I was very careful (I thought) and my hst's ended up at 1 3/4" 
so this little block is now only 5 1/2"

so being stumped got me going again :) 

Thanks Ladies :)  feels good!



14 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

So funny what gets us all going, circles I have no problem with, but triangles, oy! Said the latest triangle taskmaster, I had no room to comment with all those curves lol

Leanne said...

Your blocks are lovely. Sometimes I get stuck too, but you have, in the end made wonderful blocks.

Canadian Abroad said...

You did brilliantly well on the circles considering you were stumped! I hate to ask this, but is one of the HSTs supposed to be turned in Judith's first block?

QuiltSue said...

All the blocks are lovely, especially the circles ones.

Sheila said...

Super blocks, the second one down is especially interesting, love the look that sashing the DP patches gives.
Hope you are not swearing now you have spotted the turned HST!!

Sarah said...

Great blocks sweetie, the first one especially is very cool. I feel terrible that this block theme has stumped you (and apparently scared others!)

heart of charnwood said...

Great work done, it's strange the things that block our creativity sometimes, and you were right to leave it until the right idea came to you! i find my crazy brain works it out when i'm not trying to force it sometimes, and they generally turn out the best ideas. : )

Annabella said...

I really love Sarah's blocks - you have done amazingly! Judith's blocks are lovely too - just read Susan's comment...nothing gets past her!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I love, love, love the blocks, even that wilfully disobedient HST unit ;o)

Judith, Belfast said...

So glad you are 'un-stumped'! I LOVE my blocks, and Sarah's are stunning! Jxo

Di said...

Good work. I can't believe that you would ever be stumped. You pulled it out of the bag. Di x

Catherine said...

Fabulous blocks Trudi

Cindy said...

Bee blocks usually bring my mojo back...can't wait to see what flows from you :)

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Being stumpy suits you!