Friday 23 May 2014

Just like buses!

Just like buses, there are none for ages and then 2 come along together!

So another thing on my list was this little top made at least 8 years ago (maybe)



It's time for languishing in the pile no more had come, oooh at least a month ago!


I chose the threads, quilted it up, I even had the binding made already! (i made it at the same time as I made the top! I knew I had it, and it was exactly where I thought it would be! this speaks volumes about the organised chaos that is my studio!)


I sewed that binding to the quilt, and then it sat, for the last month! I've been so sick of seeing it on the side waiting for the binding to be sewn down, the elves seem to have left this house altogether! I took matters into my own hands and glue basted it down! Yes, glue! I then top stitched from the front, and that binding was done!



Despite the batik, it's actually quite pretty really! Though it may not stay in this house for long.  (i'm considering selling ... so if you're interested, let me know!)


So there you have it, another quilt off my over ambitious 2nd quarter Finish Along list. And one less UFO in the box of many!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

hooray for one less UFO and a sliver of extra space in your studio.

Judith, Belfast said...

Big clap on the back! Just as long as you are finishing more UFO's than creating them! Jxo

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for more finishes!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Hurrah!!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Another wonderful finish, well done!

Annabella said...

The colours are really pretty!!

Catherine said...

Well done on a lovely finish

Catherine said...

Well done on a lovely finish

Sarah said...

I'm not a batik fan either, but the colours are very pretty on this quilt. I like the design too. Yay for a finish, some room in the studio, and hopefully some money in the account!