Thursday 5 June 2014

Finally a Feathery Finish

This quilt has taken forever, can you believe this one was pieced way back in November last year at the Kitchen Guild Retreat!


and it sat in he pile of quilts tops for its turn.  
which actually proved not to be that long await (in comparison to others still in the pile!)

After the arrival of my new Long Arm in January, it was the first real quilt top I loaded up and just went for it!




so by the end of Quarter 1 of the Finish along, it was quilted and the binding sewn onto the front, 
I'd even started the hand stitching.

and then it sat for a while longer
But I decided enough!

so on Thursday and Friday night last week I took to the needle and thread and finished off that binding once and for all!

I took it with me to Himself's cottage, but the trellis was having none of it, 



the sun was too bright for a flat shot, I couldn't even see what I was taking a picture of!
and he was at work, so pretty countryside picture was a nonstarter!


the fence was a final resort, but it works for me, despite his neighbors funny looks!

and so I can mark this off my Quarter 2 list for the FAL - Phew!
Its nice to actually finish something, a - that's mine and b - that I can actually show you!



9 comments:

Fran said...

What a lovely quilt!

Sarah said...

Hooray for finishing such a beauty all for yourself!

QuiltSue said...

That is so pretty Trudi. I know what you mean about taking photos in bright sun. I did the same thing recently and cos I couldn't see the screen properly, only realised the quilt wasn't flat when I downloaded the pictures - by then it was raining again!

Annabella said...

Great minds think alike although your giant star has beautiful swirly feathers and mine will have large chunky and no doubt uneven hand stitches!

Cindy said...

Great finish! I love the fence shot :)

pennydog said...

Hurray, it's a keeper!

Carla said...

What a beauty! You did yourself proud with the quilting too

Katy Cameron said...

Yay finishes, and double yay that you get to keep it (even if you can't see the spare bed... ;o) )

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's gorgeous!