Saturday 5 July 2014

Sneaking in a last minute finish!

As is my usual habit, I'm sneaking in a last minute finish for FAL Qtr 2!

This started out as a pile of strips, squares and HSTs. 


Mid May it was pieced 


and Loaded up on the frame


The plan had been a pretty border ad then a quick all over ...


didn't quite work out that way, it didn't come off the frame until 6 June!

and I only started stitching the binding down a week ago! 


Final push today and its done!


I'm glad it stopped raining!



so much for a quick all over then! 
But I am rather pleased with it,

its now heading to the shop, Stitchcraft Studio in Grantham as a sample

so there you have it, my final finish for Qtr 2 of the FAL! 
Phew! 

Better get that review post written!




13 comments:

Katy Cameron said...

Nicely sneaked :o)

tink's mom said...

Your quilting is just wonderful. Since 99% of it was done in Q2 that is where it belongs. congrats on finishing the binding.

Carla said...

You certainly did some beautiful quilting!

Nelly Kelly said...

What a beauty... The quilting is just breathtaking! Your photos are really gorgeous, too. Thanks for tge inspiration!

Catherine said...

Its gorgeous Trudi. I wrote my (short) review last night: nothing like last minute!!

QuiltSue said...

That looks stunning Trudi. Your quilting really lifts the quilt from great to unbelievable.

Sheila said...

A beautiful finish Trudi.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's spectacular!!!

Leanne said...

Your quilting is beautiful and an inspiration!

Barb in Mi said...

Wow, fabulous finish!

Catrin Lewis said...

You call that last minute? Ha!

I must say, I love your idea of a quick all over though x

pennydog said...

Oooh it's a pretty!

moira said...

it's lovely!