Friday 30 January 2015

Setting the table with Sizzix

You know if you follow me on instagram, you'll have seen this in the making


So today over on the Sizzix blog, you'll find a mini tutorial on how to make your own runner with the Big Shot machine, dies and a pile of pretty fabrics! 
(by the way, the Cotton and Steel Basics I got from Simply Solids, and the floral from the Village Haberdashery)



so for those of you who 'know', my table doesn't always look like this, and the runner is made to fit perfectly in length.   But that's one slippy table top right there, so to keep the runner in place, a little trip to the pound shop, and the trusty non slip grip liner to the rescue!


I cut about 10" off this roll, and it fits like a treat, my runner stays put. 
(this is the same stuff i use for free motion quilting!)


Don't forget to pop on over to the sizzix blog to check out the whole project.  
You too could have one just like it for Valentines day! 

So, that's my first finish off the FAL list too!  

8 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

It's a lovely runner!

Sarah said...

Looks lovely, off to check out sizzix now!

Judith, Belfast said...

It's gorgeous and great idea with the non-slip stuff! Jxo

Yorkshire Quilter said...

Thanks for showing the roll of liner, I've hunted for it in our pound shop but now I know what I'm looking for! I bought lots of other things I didn't know I needed though!
Love the runner,it really let's the quilting shine!

Yorkshire Quilter said...

Thanks for showing the roll of liner, I've hunted for it in our pound shop but now I know what I'm looking for! I bought lots of other things I didn't know I needed though!
Love the runner,it really let's the quilting shine!

Di said...

Well I have never seen your table before!!! That is a gorgeous runner and I like the fabric used. Di x

Katy Cameron said...

That gripper stuff is fab, isn't it? Works well on leather sofas too!

Josie said...

I really ought to use my Sizzix machine for fabric cutting, your runner is gorgeous x